18 May 4 Key Essentials for Your Sales Strategy in The New Normal
The marketplace has changed and your competitors are getting tougher. What are your plans for transforming your sales growth, business, and your sales teams to be even stronger and to recover as quickly as possible in the New Normal?
On May, 29th, I’ll participate in The Economic Times Sales Strategy Virtual Summit (India) 2020. This prestigious gathering of visionary sales leaders – Navigating the New Normal.
Global sales leaders are ready to explore critical areas that are a priority as we recover from the lockdown. I believe it’s vital to pay attention to these 4 key sales strategies to strengthen your sales team, so they might accelerate out of this crisis.
What should be key sales strategies and tactics for sales leaders during a crisis?
1. Strengthen Fire-In-The-Belly Sales Drive
We need salespeople on our teams with a fire-in-the-belly sales drive. These are the people who will succeed against all odds. Here are some characteristics that you will find in a salesperson with drive:
- Strong passion: Self-motivated, goal-oriented, risk-taker, undying urge to be best at what they do.
- Total Focus: Persistence to do whatever it takes to be successful, even if it’s hard, uncomfortable, or scary. (As long as it’s legal, ethical, and no one gets hurt!)
- Ownership: Know they are the only ones who control their actions and their behavior. They accept challenges, learn from their mistakes, and know that they have both the internal and external resources needed to accomplish their goals.
So, do the salespeople on your team have the fire-in-the-belly drive to be successful? 2.
2. Install Common Sales Processes & How to increase sales
A common sales language improves the speed and effectiveness of your coaching, motivating, accountability, and sales strategies.
- Provide Clarity: Everyone on the sales team needs to know what’s expected of them.
- Create a Roadmap: If you haven’t mapped your selling model, a sales process, and selling milestones already, start now. These are core to all sales management performance communication.
With improved pre-call planning, call execution, and call debriefing, you will speed up capturing new markets, raising margins, and sales growth. 3.
3. Improve Consultative and Value Selling Skills for sales growth
To gain more sales and higher margins, ramp up your salespeople’s consultative and value selling skills. Do this by coaching them to ask more and better questions. Here are my top tips:
- Develop questions that uncover compelling reasons. Your salespeople need to develop questions that help them build “compelling reasons to buy.” In a consultative strategy, your salespeople are not only asking about what the client needs, but gaining a deeper understanding of “why” and “what.” Being able to ask questions like these helps your salespeople become valuable resources.
- Craft business-appropriate questions that get to the root business issue. Don’t skim the surface, dive deep. As your salespeople become more comfortable asking tougher, business-related, strategic questions, they establish themselves as a trusted advisor.
4. Establish Predictable Communication Rhythms
Just because we are social distancing does not mean that we need to be emotionally distancing. In the past, leaders communicated with salespeople once a quarter, or once a month, or once a week. Those days are gone. Sales leadership need to communicate often and regularly. To increase engagement and encourage performance, we recommend including at least these four types of meetings:
- relationship development,
- quick daily check-in,
- developmental coaching, and,
Develop your own daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly meeting schedules. They should be designed to support your salesperson in achieving their professional and personal goals as well as enhancing leadership development.
How will you be navigating the changing marketplace, so that your business and sales teams are even stronger and able to recover as quickly as possible in the New Normal?
It’s time to ensure that your sales strategies. Ignite a Fire-In-The-Belly sales drive in your salespeople. By installing a common sales language, ramping up your salespeople’s consultative and value selling skills, and communicating regularly with them, your team will build the sales capacity to succeed in the New Normal and increase sales growth.
Gain the competitive edge by joining me for the virtual summit Navigating the New Normal on May, 29 at 9:30 pm Central. Register here: bit.ly/VirtualSalesStrategySummit